The Last Worrior
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Worrior

Welcome To TheLastWorrior, please post tips,comments.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

recorded game VS s][k

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Thekingofkings

Thekingofkings

recorded game VS s][k Empty
PostSubject: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 9:33 am

http://www.speedyshare.com/614219857.html
proteusandking vs s][k

Hey guys heres a good 2v2 for you to watch, Proteus and I vs 2 lvl 28 captains on pampas ;-)
Back to top Go down
pinkwarrior

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 12:49 pm

okey, going to watch and review
Back to top Go down
pinkwarrior

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2008 4:39 pm

Pre comments
1. It aint easy to play team games
2. It always easy to know what should have done afterwards
3. It is possible they got there rank from 1 vs 1

With that said I will begin my hard review

Map: Pampas
style: 2 vs 2
rules: supremacy

Player review:
Kanalratte82 (Blue)

Pro's

- Early market

Con's

- Bad start, only took 2 settlers to wood when it should be 4-5 to prevent idle TC
- Idle TC
- For a long time you leaved your lamas out in the wild where they don't provide experince points and could been stolen
- "wasted" 2th card on sacried field, it had been well worth to build it with 200 wood and used the card to a 600-700 resources worth colony card instead
- Sended forward settlers long before got to colony, make them easier to discover and aint good for economy
- You took Tower of Victory wonder to colony, but you made terrible use of it, it only got activated once and in a pointless situation.

Player rank: 3 out of 10

CyberWorm (Red)

Pro's

- Good early treasures
- Early market

Con's

- Before reaching the 800 food for colony, there only two allowed reasons to take wood, to make a market or to make a trade post, but you sended away two settlers to cut wood for neither of that, which gave you late colony and worse economy.

- Early idle TC

- Terrible scouting, you had no idee where your 2th gold mine was, or that there was alot of good places to make shines alot closer then where you built yours.

- Poor choice of discovery card, you picked 15% faster gathering of berrybush and Orchard cherry... had been decent in 1 vs 1 game but even better, and far better in team games are the Team +8% on ALL resources

- Late barrack, your colony was late so it make it even more important to fast get a production when you get there, but it took you 20 secounds even tho you had the 200 wood.

- Bad micro, most of the time you didnot micro at all, and when you did it was almost worse, twice you ran your yumi army right into your opponents, wasting yumis and there range advantice.

Player rank: 3 out of 10

ProteusPrime (Green)

Major Pro's

- Early market
- Good use of the trade route

Minor Pro's
- Not that I would recommend it, but it was highly inventional to buy Medium bombards and abuse the fact that they count as mercs by use the +20% attack & hitpoints card for mercs
- Good walls, especialy the one down at Cyberworms base

Major Con's

- Idle settlers
- Scouting, almost always when your free uhlans aint needed in battle, let them scout

Minor Con's

- Bad gathering of the start crates, first of all will 2 settler waggons give you 100 food as fast as 3 does becouse you get it per 25 food, but it also bad to have 3 SW take the same 100 resource crate becouse you waste potential since all 3 SW will try to take the last 25 resources of that crate.
- Slow first card, you had not picked a deck when you got your first card, which delayed the shiping time with about 10 secounds, losing time and economy.
- To early Mill card, you took Team +10% gather rate for mills when neither you or King was making mills until about 2 minutes later
- Idle TC, also you choosed to not make more settlers when you had 700 food in order to age up little faster but it took you about 10 secounds to get to 800 and a settler take 25 to build so it had probably been well worth make that settler.
- Tupi and last trade post, you should probably have taken Tupi, there archers is good and they have a +15% attack tech that had helped your crossbows, they also have a -20% wood cost for all buildings tech which is good, and then later when Cyberworm's TC was down, you should have taken that last trade site to complete your good trade route.

Player rank: 5 out of 10

TheKingofKings (Yellow)

Pro's

- Good use of upgrades
- Quite good settler safty, almost always a blockhouse close enough to not risk lose them all to raidings

Con's

- Very strange age up to colony, you settled for 14 settlers when you had 600 food which gave idle TC, and you didnot had the wood for blockhouse until reached colony. It is good to age with 14 instead of 17 but aint so important, they make up for slow time by have there blockhouse built in discovery so that they get a production going as soon they reach colony. In this game when couldn't use your little faster colony in a good way, you just ended up with 3 settlers less and worse production.

- Idle settlers, you had the best economy of all players in the game and that speak for itself, but you had almost 50% more idle settler secounds then any of the other players, so even tho you had a good economy you could have had a much better one.

Player rank: 5 out of 10

Pro & Con for all players

Pro's
- Everyone made usefull units
- Everyone understod the value in the market techs and took the rather fast

Con's
- Nobody understod the value of Native technologies, especialy Inca which have awsome onces
- Everyone was slow to get a military production going
- Someone should have taken the 225 food treasure alot faster, especialy King that saw it first and had good use of it as it had given him 825 food preventing idle TC and a perfect colony.

Overall game rank: 4 out of 10
Back to top Go down
ProteusPrime

ProteusPrime

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 10:00 am

Nice review Pink, I'll be shooting for 6 of 10 next time!. I always forget about the natives, I'll keep a closer eye on them. King is always screaming at me about how I gather the starting crates, but he never made sense. You explained it perfectly, so I'll start using only 2 villies to gather the first crate.
Back to top Go down
Delany

Delany

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:04 am

It's not correct though.... Settler wagons gather 37,5 per action (37 first, then 38, then rest: 25)... thats why they suck to get crates - should get 50 so that not that much hunting time is lost oposed to 20 of a normal settler.
Back to top Go down
ProteusPrime

ProteusPrime

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 4:00 pm

Explain further Delany.
Back to top Go down
Aspria1

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:19 pm

where can i find a list of all natives
Back to top Go down
ProteusPrime

ProteusPrime

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 5:27 pm

http://allthingsmiscellaneous.110mb.com/index_files/Downloads/Files/HTML%20copies/AOE3%20TWC%20TAD%20Quick%20Reference.htm
Back to top Go down
Delany

Delany

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Nothing more to eplain... settler wagons suck compared to normal settlers so only use them as short as possible (get 1 crate of food for settler, then all hunting) - that first settler build can collect the rest of the crates (start with wood crate for house and built that with settler wagon or settler then)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recorded game VS s][k   recorded game VS s][k Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recorded game VS s][k
Page 1 of 1